The entire world continues to become more diverse, and that includes employees, customers and clients across the profit, non-profit and government sectors. In today’s climate, all professionals need to understand the basics of diversity, equity and inclusion. DEI is about much more than simple compliance; to succeed in today’s world in any aspect of business or services, enterprises must leverage diversity for strategic advantage and have DEI integrated into all aspects of their operations.
- The basic definitions of diversity, equity and inclusion; including the evolution of the diversity field and theories of diversity.
- A deep dive into the many dimensions of diversity.
- The compelling business case of diversity, equity and inclusion, including how to calculate a financial business case.
- Why and how DEI must be part of any organization’s core strategy.
- An introduction on the various organizational processes that DEI can impact.
- An introduction on how to build DEI into your organizational culture.
ERG Academy Certificate
The mission of the DiversityFIRST™ ERG Academy is to be a resource to both individuals and organizations seeking to start, grow or fully utilize their employee resource groups. The academy blends theory and practice over a full one day interactive curriculum, with the development of an action plan to effectively lead ERGs for the greatest business impact and sustainability. After completion of the sessions, participants will:
- Articulate the compelling business case for ERGs
- Gain the most current knowledge and trends related to ERGs
- Identify the mechanics for successful formation and nurturing of ERGs based upon a wide range of best practices
- Understand how to work effectively with diversity councils, HR leadership, and various ERGs within the organization and across industries
- Apply the competencies needed for successful ERG leadership within various roles including ERG leaders, ERG executive sponsors, and HR practitioners charged with ERG efforts
- Develop an action plan with strategies and tactics for ERGs, including metrics to measure effectiveness
Emerging Leaders Certificate
The C-suite has never been closer and within reach. Labor statistics indicate within less than a decade the majority of executive leadership positions will be vacant as senior leaders retire or exit the workforce, creating new and exciting leadership opportunities for emerging leaders. The question is, as an emerging leader, will you be prepared for these opportunities when they arise? More importantly, will you have the requisite skills and savvy to successfully make the transition to executive levels of leadership? This certificate is designed to help prepare you, as an emerging leader, for a successful career in leadership positions. This session, will prepare you to:
- Understand effective approaches to leading in different organization contexts
- Understand and leverage your leadership design in challenging leadership situations
- Read organizational culture and create an organizational culture that values diversity, equity and inclusion
- Successfully navigate organizational culture and transcend negative, organizational politics
- Identify and develop your leadership values for decision-making and judgment—one of the most critical competencies for executive level leadership
Implicit Bias Certificate
Implicit Bias is a pervasive phenomenon that greatly impacts our personal lives and the workings of all organizations. Implicit bias refers to the attitudes of stereotypes that affect our understanding, actions and decisions in an unconscious manner. And even though it is often hard to admit or see that everyone has unconscious bias, it can easily impact and even derail the best intentions of fostering inclusion within an organization. This session includes:
- Understanding the concepts of implicit bias and its relationship to stereotyping, micro-inequities and “the isms.”
- Understanding the impact that implicit bias and its relatives can have in personal as well as organizational dynamics.
- Having the tools and processes to address and mitigate unconscious bias in your personal life as well as in your organization
- Leaving with helpful ideas and next steps to take and commit to action.